Our content team work closely with our expert advisory council to deliver the very best speakers and ensure the conference, workshop and briefing agendas covers the most topical subjects.
CONFERENCES, WORKSHOPS & BRIEFINGS
12 FREE-TO-ATTEND CONFERENCES
12 free-to-attend conferences over 2 days delivering insight, analysis and perspective on the range of threats faced within the industry. Click the conferences below to read a summary of each conference and find out more about the themes covered at this years International Security Expo.
- Working in partnerships
- What can you expect from the emergency services
- Private security policing
- Top tips for protecting against terrorism
- Communicating in a crisis
- Working with your police
- Case studies from the 5 star hotel sector
- Service v security
- Hotels and travel safety
- Understanding the issues of people trafficking
- Lockdown, is it feasible
- Communicating in a crisis
- Prevent good practice in Higher Education
- Understanding people trafficking and how it affects the Education sector
- Protecting children from terrorism
- Protecting a multi site University
- Crisis management / Lockdown
- Communicating in a crisis
- Top tips for protecting educational establishments from terrorism.
- Hacking the seaway?
- Logistics, Logistics, Logistics – protecting our supply chains?
- Designing in security, ensuring rail infrastructure is fit for the future?
- Making best use of leading UK Government initiatives
- IoT, The Internet of Threats…
- Regulation and Education, getting it right.
- The synergies between man-made and natural crisis response
- CONTEST Strategy
- The importance of communications in times of crisis
- Business Continuity and Recovery are they the same thing
- Exploring what can be learnt from our international partners
- Cause study for London Bridge attack
- Detecting bad behaviour. (Behavioural Detection)
- Working with your local police team?
- Can you Lockdown your business?
- Searching your building best practice
- Are you insured for terrorist loss of business?
- Balancing protection with visitor experience.
- Using Intelligence and better risk awareness to inform decision making?
- The fight against trucks and vans, defeating the momentum risk.
- Threats and novel threats.
- Protecting our transport networks.
- The healthcare challenge. Improving public private working
- Safer cities and safer airports?
- Is cyber a real challenge?
- How can you read a person?
- Understanding the issues facing Facilities Managers on terrorism.
- Different issues for different types of buildings
- CCTV and Search, making sure you are using them correctly
- Are you insured for terrorist risk?
- Crisis Management how will you communicate?
Would you like to speak on one of the conference themes?
Over two days the educational conference programmes will deliver insight, analysis and perspective on the range of threats faced and the most up to date and relevant mitigation strategies. If you would like to contribute, please submit an application.
Submit a Conference Speaker Enquiry
Earn up to
55 hours of
CPD certified content
ALL FREE CONTENT FULLY CPD CERTIFIED BY THE SECURITY INSTITUTE
An essential way to keep up-to-date with the latest issues and developments in the security arena, aiding your educational and professional development whilst enhancing confidence and competence in current industry advancements.
International Crowd Safety Conference 2018
The 2nd Annual International Crowd Safety Conference (ICSC) will take place alongside International Security Expo (ISE) 2018 on the 28-29 November.
Planning for the unexpected at all stages of events
Across the world in the crowd safety industry there is an acceptance that each and every event regardless of type will share similar characteristics. One of the most prominent is the different stages of these events. All events have an arrival point, last mile or walk up, ingress point, circulation phase, egress phase and a departure/dispersal phase. History has proven that incidents lay no preference to which stage our events are currently operating at and therefore we must plan carefully for emergencies at all of these stages. Consideration must be given during planning these stages to many areas including some of the following areas:
- Counter Terrorism
- Drug Safety
- Crowd Psychology
- Crowd Modelling and Movements
- Implementation of Search Regimes
- Staff Screening and Deployment
- Severe Weather
- Emergency/ Incident Management
- Emergency Liaison Team Roles
- Command and Control
- Contingency Planning
- Venue Design
- Customer/Guest Experience
The International Crowd Safety Conference 2018 will aim to deliver the latest thinking on these areas and more from respected industry professionals. This is shaping up to be the worlds leading event solely dedicated to the Crowd Safety Industry and we are looking forward to once again welcoming you as our guests!
Apply to attend the conference by registering your interest here:
8 FREE TECHNOLOGY WORKSHOPS
Providing a key platform for technology suppliers to present launch products and new innovative solutions. Workshops include:
- Access Control and Biometrics
- CCTV and Video Surveillance
- Drones, UAVs and Counter Drones sponsored by Robin Radar
- Perimeter Protection and Intrusion Detection
- Surveillance, Communications and Data
- Cyber Threat and Cyber Capability sponsored by Darktrace
- Screening and Scanning
GOVERNMENT & INDUSTRY CLOSED DOOR BRIEFINGS
High-level Government and Private Sector briefings covering the most topical subjects.
- Women in Security - In association with ASIS UK Chapter
- Security & Young Professionals - In association with ASIS UK Chapter
- Improving Crowd Resilience (ICR) programme - In association with DASA (Defence & Security Accelerator)
- SCEG Briefing
By Application Only
More information coming soon
INTERNATIONAL DISASTER RESPONSE CONFERENCE
ISE 2018 is co-located alongside International Disaster Response (IDR) Expo.
IDR features a two-day high-level conference and workshop sessions with expert speakers from government, NGOs and industry.
The conference and workshops will showcase the global skills and thoughts of an experienced international panel and examine many of the hard-hitting topics challenging everyone in the disaster response arena.