Installation of High Speed Doors at London City Airport fire station
Original scope was to supply replacement service bay doors, that raised quickly, had a manual chain override and the highest wind rating available. The scope was developed by London City Airport Engineering in partnership with JLC Group Ltd.
JLC Group quoted to supply 4 x 'Turbo Fold High Speed Doors', with low level chain drive manual override and to a wind rating of 5.
- All doors raise on remote crash alarm, initiated by the Terminal Operations, Airfield Operations. As the alarm come into the fire station it automatically triggers all four doors to raise.
- All doors raise on crash system buttons located within the fire station.
- All doors raise, one touch on each control panel individually.
- All doors lower, one touch on each control panel individually.
- All doors have a manual override and local low level chain drive.
- All doors installed by fully certified JLC installations engineers to manufacturers guidelines.
- All doors are wind rated 5 the highest.